Thursday 14 June 2007

The mother of all chocolate cakes

Ok, I borrowed the recipe from another blog... so what ;-) I have been searching for the perfect chocolate pud now for years. I have tried two Nigella recipes... not bad, but they couldn't live up to my expectations either and were not even nearly as good and chocolaty as the chocolate tarte recipe a former French housemate once gave me. His chocolate tarte was almost perfect, but again, just not gooey enough.
Who would have thought that another French would finally come up with the perfect chocolate cake (usually the English turn out to be unbeatable when it comes to gooeyness): Ein grosses Dankeschoen an die Chocolate & Zucchini Lady! Check out her recipe for the melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cake.


My version is very similar, just that I didn't have 200g of dark choc in my cupboard when the emergency of baking a cake arose. But 100g of 85% dark choc and a good quality dark truffle bar worked just as well.

No comments: