Tuesday 12 June 2007

Afternoon Tea at Yauatcha

Yauatcha is one of my favourite afternoon hang-outs in London. Ok, so the service is appalling. But the cocktails are great, although dubbed "cough medicine" by one of my friends. The food is delicious and the cakes are from heaven. Like our Blue Tea Cake we had last time. I still wouldn't think that the blue powder on the cake actually was 100% tea without added colouring, but who knows...
The cake was a perfect blend of rich tea cream and fruity blackberry jelly with a hint of sponge at the bottom.

I simply love to recreate food I eat at restaurants at home. It's one of life's challenges I aim to master.
But not much chance for the Blue Tea Cake to be produced in my kitchen though, too much work! And too much hassle and I would guess money to get hold of blue tea.
I discovered one dessert in the restaurant's cake display though which I will definitely put on the menu next time I have friends round: Matcha panna cotta topped with cranberry compote.


No comments: